Sunday, May 4, 2014

My heart was ripped out

Monday: ESTES PARK!!! It was really fun! That night we had a lesson with one of our less-active couples.

Tuesday: we went to service, love it! I was super proud of my companion because she got us a potential investigator at our service project!! Then afterward they put on a BBQ for all of us missionaries that help every week because they knew transfers were this week and wanted to do something nice for us!

Wednesday: we went to district meeting, came home, my companion slept. But we did get to go to dinner, and the S's are super cool! They had all six of us Sisters over, and then the zone leaders as well! It was a super fun dinner! We had a lesson with our members who are less-active. They came to church this Sunday and stayed for all three hours, BOOM SHAKA LAKA!!!!
My friend and I bought the skirts at different times, but got the shirts together.

Thursday: Stayed in like ALL day! My companion was sick this entire week!!! I took her to the doctors. I sat for two hours waiting... luckily I had my journal to write in and catch up on.

Friday: we stayed inside again. but luckily I got permission to go on another split!!! I went with S, who just got her mission call to Chicago. So that was fun, I'm like her pre-trainer. We only had about an hour and a half, and since we had only two lessons so far in the week I was going to do work! MIRACLES we had two lessons in that amount of time--that's pretty good! And the investigators we saw were home! We taught part of the Restoration to L, and she said she would come to church, but ended up not :( Then we stopped by A's house and she was home, met her younger sister R and gave her a Book of Mormon, it was so cool!!! A said she would also come to church; she didn't either :( We have a  rough time getting people to come to church!!

Saturday: Got a text form the Spanish sisters that morning, who were like “Hey do you play the piano?”  “Uh... yeah only some hymns...”  “Can you play for our baptism today?”  “Sure, will do.” So that day I practiced hymns, and ok, playing hymns while people are singing in Spanish is MUCH harder, cause I don't know the words so I have to figure out which verse they are on in the middle of the hymn. But I was blessed and the Spirit truly guided my fingers to get through those songs!

That morning I also got a call from one of the Assistants. That is either usually a good thing (you get called to leadership) but in my case, yeah it wasn't.
"Hello, it's Sister Smith."
"How are you today?"
“Good, how are you Elder?”
“Pretty good. Hey we just wanted to let you know that President has asked you to take a break from being a Sister Training Leader this transfer. There will only be four Sisters in the zone, and we would like you to help the Spanish Sister since she will be the Sister Training Leader."
I said "ok."

MY HEART GOT RIPPED OUT!!! I am so sad that I will no longer be a Sister Training Leader. This will be my first time on my mission that I will just be a normal missionary. So sad, but it will be ok! I got to see a bunch of Sisters that night at the baptism which was fun! Then we heard about transfers. I will be staying in the same area, and getting a new companion. I will be the longest Sister Missionary this ward has had, maybe in history or at least in a LONG time! My new companion is actually one of the Sisters I have served over these past three transfers, so we will see how that goes!

Sunday: Church was good, but none of our investigators came :( We need to figure out a way to get them here! I will be praying hard to gain inspiration on that!

Well, I need to go! I loved having time to study this week! I read the Power of Everyday Missionaries by Clayton M. Christensen. It is SO GOOD!!!! I also got to read through some of PMG! Ok, so chapter 2 is really good! Everyone should read it, for anything you need to study, not just for the gospel!

Love you all,
Sister Kelly Smith

No comments: