Monday, May 26, 2014

#HeavenlyFatherlovesme #Blessesmewithmiracles #COLORADOtallpeople

Why not use hash tags, that's been a big thing right?! haha Break up the norm of my usual titles!! So this week was LEGIT!!!! I am stoked and I'll try to explain this to my best abilities!!

A family gave me a GIANT coloring book!!! I am excited!!!!
Monday: P-day, and what not, then we had a lesson with A! Ok, A is AWESOME!! We met with her to tell her a little about what we know for LDS Family Services and gave her someone's number. Well we also asked her if she read the chapters in the Book of Mormon we left with her. She said that she had read part of Moroni chapter 7! SWEET!! Glad you read part of it! So instead of just reading the rest of it with her, we decided to just read verses 32-35 (go read them, they are awesome!) It talks about faith, covenants, baptism… pure awesomeness). It was SO POWERFUL! You could see the Spirit working in her! She just kept saying how happy she was, and we described what the Spirit can feel like and read Galatians 5:22 (which is one of my favorite scriptures). Ok, at this point I was like, “YES this is my chance!!!” So guess what? We invited her to be baptized (my companion in her head when I started inviting A to be baptized was like, “oh she's going for it”)! haha Too funny! Anyway, I was like focusing on the Holy Ghost and how we can receive the GIFT of the Holy Ghost after we are baptized and she was like” I want that, I want to have the peace I feel!!” YES!!! Seriously, I love A, and I was so happy that she said yes!!!!!!!!!!! We don't have her date yet, but this week, hopefully :) Then we had FHE with some ward missionaries, then dinner, all around, MIRACLE of a night!! And it was super fun too!!

Tuesday: We got to do service, which I love!!! That night, was awesome! We didn't have anything at 8pm, (that's like the WORST time if you don't have anything scheduled). So we drove by a former investigator’s house and guess what? She was OUTSIDE with her kids!!! It was perfect (I love summer... that helps)! So we got to talk to her and see how things were going; she has had some crazy things happen in her life recently and hasn't had time to read the Book of Mormon, but she wants to, YES!!! She mentioned that she didn't really have time to meet with us, but I offered to help her clean her house... "Really, you would do that?" “Yes, of course we would!”  So she was totally game for that! It was great! Sometimes people can't meet, they have busy lives, but we are here to serve (and we were thinking that we could just talk to her about the gospel while cleaning, what could be better, and we got a member to go with us)!!!! T, is awesome, love her! Her 11 yr. old son was wearing cowboy boots... yeah he is as tall as me. I am 10 years older than him!! Tall people... haha it was funny! I love that family, and want to teach them so badly!

District Meeting OUTSIDE!!! I just love being outdoors, and can't wait to bike this week with my companion!!!
Remember when I was on a bike and wanted a car... well now I can have both, life is SWEET!!!
Wednesday: T had to cancel because she was later than she thought getting back to town... so we didn't get to clean her house :( Sad day, but we can meet with her next week! STOKED!!!! We had district meeting outside which was SO FUN!! We went to contact a referral (who also happened to be a former) and her roommate answered but said she would probably want to talk to us, but couldn't at the moment. You know, that always sounds so nice that people want to talk to us! Ended up raining that night (ok this whole week pretty much has been thunder storms in the evening)! I was kind of down that day, but guess what? WORKING is the cure! Working truly does make me feel SO MUCH BETTER!!!

Thursday: We did service in the morning, and then we went to contact that referral again (the one that said would probably want to talk to us) well we knocked on her door (M) and she told us to come in! OK, so M was like “I know who you are...” uh ok! She knew what we are from, and that we are missionaries! Always a positive thing and she was excited to see us. SWEET!!! Now M is an interesting one, I don't really know what to think of her. I do understand why she was dropped... she had no intention of being converted. So we would be wasting the Lord's time! But since she was dropped she has had cancer, had chemotherapy and is currently in radiation. Well, that can help inspire people to change right?! She was telling us about herself and was very excited that we would be able to meet with her, and visit with her... she started smoking in front of us (just imagine how we smelled after that lesson...Ii'll fill you in, HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!). She told us that we wouldn't be able to convert her, and she is EXACTLY RIGHT!! I, Sister Smith, cannot convert ANYONE, nor do I want to! The Spirit is the one that converts! So we will be talking to her about that, and seeing if she does have a desire to change, but that was definitely an interesting lesson!! Then we rushed off to another service project! Ok, that was a BLAST!!! I loved using my past Excel knowledge (and had to brush up on it since it has been like a year+) but it was fun to be in an office type-setting and being with another set of Sisters! This is probably my new favorite JustServe project :) We met with K, that day and watched #BecauseofHim with her, so great! Then we had a lesson with G that night (RC), HILARIOUS!!! Instead of just teaching the new member lesson, we made it more fun! G and I were the investigators, and my companion (Sister C) and the member that came with us (a girl who received her mission call, and is waiting to enter the MTC) were the missionaries, it was a blast!!!

A family let me go to their house this week... and well burn leggings (I didn't want to burn a skirt, cuz I wear most of them, so I burned leggings instead)! haha ONE YEAR BABY!!!!!!
Friday: Met some of the coolest members in our ward!! I had never had dinner with them, but dang I was missing out!! haha I wish I had met them sooner, SO COOL! They live in the oldest building in this town, and their house is a historical place or something for the town, so cool!!! Then we stopped by R's! He is a less active that we work with, so funny! He is so great! Guess what? He told us that he didn't buy any cigarettes for the weekend!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!! MIRACLES!!!!! We gave him an awesome homework assignment and I am excited to see how it went!

You know me and fire!!!  DONE! ONE YEAR DOWN!!! I only have one burning left... NNNNOOOOOOOO
Saturday: Weird day, but great day! We started off by doing service like way earlier than we usually do... ok, not way earlier, as in like an hour earlier but that meant not having comp study in the morning! But they totally needed our help; it was fun! I love being needed, and serving!!!! We got to go to a party that the entire ward was invited to, so that was fun! We asked A if she wanted a ride to church and she said YES!!! So we got some of the most legit ward missionaries, who are also pretty much the same age as her to pick her up, SWEETNESS!!!! P (our standing less-active appointment) didn't want to meet that day because she was really tired. That ended up being a miracle because we stopped by our investigator, B, and she was HOME and ANSWERED THE DOOR!!! MIRACLE!!! We try to visit her so often! She is just so great, and I think we will be having a lesson with her this week, IN a member's home!! STOKED!!! Literally stopped by, didn't even have a lesson with K to remind her about church. Usually we would just text our people about church, but we didn't have her number, so we went by and were like “Hey we wanted to remind you about church tomorrow, and we would have just called or texted you but we don't have your number.”  She told us that she had been reminding herself all day to go to church the next morning! FOR REALS?! SWEET!!! Then she gave us her number!! That night ended with a great fireside... not in the normal ones that we think of, but literally a FIRE SIDE, sitting by the side of a fire talking about the Atonement of Jesus Christ!! It was one of my favorite things so far, to talk about the Atonement of Jesus Christ with this family, and some other youth around a fire. A true FIRESIDE!!!! It was so powerful, and a great fun thing to do. Once we settled down and truly talked and thought about something we could change, that Christ could help us with (turn weak things into strengths) the Spirit set in and it was wonderful!

Sunday: OH MY BEST DAY I HAVE HAD IN A LONG, LONG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MIRACLES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heavenly Father TOTALLY loves me! I felt the Spirit in church and it was great! What was even greater, seeing the Spirit work in our investigators!! So our morning started out by going to PEC. We left early so we could go meet A at her house and to introduce her to the awesome ward missionaries giving her a ride! A was totally ready to go, and even curled her hair. WHAT?! MIRACLE!!!!! I was worried that she might back out... there is always that chance. So I was already on like cloud 9 because she was here, and we haven't had an investigator at church in a LONG time, so it was great! Then in the parking lot of the church who is there? P! He was one of the first investigators I met when I got to this area... and that was the last time we met with him, about 5 months ago! So he was at church! Here I am FLOATING!!! We are sitting down, it's like 8:59, and what happens?! K SITS DOWN NEXT TO US!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU FOR REAL?! K, Sister C, Me, A, Ward Missionaries, then in walked R!!!! Yeah, that was our bench line up, pretty great!! Ok, K is a MIRACLE!!! Do you remember like oh 4 weeks ago when we street contacted her? Well I have never really seen progress from tracting (I am NOT a pro tractor) but street contacting I can do! Guess what? TALKING TO EVERYONE WORKS!!! I don't think I ever pictured K sitting with us in church, but you know what would have happened if I didn't talk to her while she was working on her garden? She wouldn't have felt the Spirit in church! She said it was overwhelming and she loved the musical number that was sung! It was AMAZING!!! The relief society president was sitting behind me in Sacrament meeting and I kept like silently freaking out, but still you could see it, each time a person we worked with would come in (oh, and another LA but also RC walked in) I would be SO EXCITED!!! She thought I was going to float off my pew :) She told the relief society that later in the day! haha I love it!! Oh I felt totally applies to this scripture (one of the gems I found this week during studies). Alma 27:16-17... I will just quote 17 though. "Now the joy of Ammon was so great even that he was full; yea he was swallowed up in the joy of his God, even to the exhausting of his strength; and he fell again to the earth." I WAS SO FILLED WITH JOY IT WAS INDESCRIBEABLE!!! Let's just say, after church, I took a nap! haha I really did, I was so exhausted my head hurt from so much excitement and it can be kind of crazy trying to help people understand for the first time what church is like! AAAAHHHH BEST THING EVER!!!!!!! I love when people come to church! It was a fabulous day!!! We stopped by a PI I had also street contacted (who actually lives right across the sidewalk from K) right after church and gave him a Restoration pamphlet, hopefully something will happen!!!

It was a great week!!! Alma 27 is AWESOME!!! Actually just Alma in general which is great!!! I love vs.16-18! Seek happiness, and seek to share the gospel with friends! Heavenly Father truly loves us and is excited to bless us with miracles, that are also helping his other children at the same time!!! I know He loves each and every one of you, and is concerned with what is going on in your life! Seek His comfort and help!! PRAY!! CPR - Church. Pray. Read. It saves your soul :)

Love you all,
Sister Kelly Smith

No comments: