Sunday, March 23, 2014

COLORADO hash tags: #superhero #dorkybishopswife

Obedience is the Price, Faith is the Power, Love is the Motive, Spirit is the Key, and Christ is the Reason. Just remember this, always!

OK, about my title, my bishop’s wife actually used those hashtags to describe herself!  See Tuesday for more details.

Monday: P-day. Talked to a less-active who served a mission. She is going to get us a copy of the Plan of Salvation template thing she used on her mission, sweet!

Tuesday: Service at one of our Just Serve projects was super fun! I always like Tuesday mornings when we do service there!! We pretty much work hard and get to hang out with a bunch of other missionaries, best of both worlds!! We had dinner with the Bishop and his wife and daughter. We somehow got to the topic of my birthday, so obviously I had to tell them that I got a SUPER cool present (a matching costumes from a my mom) and Sister J was SO EXCITED!!! She wanted me to wear it and go out and visit people with her, like members in the ward. Well, as we were leaving she was like, "Hey let me know when you are free so we can wear those outfits and visit people." At that moment I was like "wait, YOU and I will wear them?" "Yeah!" OK now she is one of the COOLEST PEOPLE IN MY WARD!!!

I got to talk to one of my Sisters that night and it was just so good to be there for her. She has been struggling a bit and just needed someone to talk to. If you ever need anything, just come talk to Sister Smith and I will be there for you, and will probably even give you a hug! Oh, did I mention that two lessons canceled and then our backup couldn't meet because her daughter got MONO!!! WHAT?! Thus began the attack of Satan on our people this week... MONO, like for reals! We can't meet with one of our investigators for like a month now, NNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday: Cut meat for 2 hours! Ok, I probably cut more meat in those two hours than I have in MY ENTIRE LIFE!!! Sister D and I just got to talk and cut meat, yeah for service!!! We found this cool statistic while eating lunch at Sister D and Sister C's house: There are 13,100 hours in a Sister's mission. once you take out MTC time, sleep, P-days, meals, study and travel hours, we only have 4,600 hours to proselyte. OK, add on the fact that I am in a Just Serve mission, ok that's even LESS time to proselyte! I have about 1,800 hours left to proselyte on my mission... ARE YOU FOR REALS?!!! That's not enough time!! Especially with cancelled appointments happening all the time this week!!! Went to Mutual and what happened?! Sister J and I wore the Mighty Missionary outfits! Young Women brought out their iPads and what not to take pictures -- it was awesome!!

Thursday: ZONE CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!! Totally spiritually uplifting and inspiring! I love being edified and getting pumped for missionary work!! Goal: in every lesson let the people I am with understand that this is Christ's work. Let them understand that I don't matter, that what I say is not me, it is Jesus Christ! Let everyone feel as if Jesus Christ is in the room talking to them and wanting them to change to become more like Him! Had a lesson with S and J and it was chill lesson. I was so excited to hear that J got a new job so he doesn't have to work nights and he asked for every Sunday off, SWEET!!!!! At his new job he reads the Book of Mormon while waiting for people to come into the warehouse, ok SWEETNESS!!!! Before we had a lesson with S and J (well we were just going to drop by) I purposely parked near where a man and his son where playing with a remote control car in the parking lot. So what do we do after parking and getting out? Oh you know, just give him a Book of Mormon!!! I loved it! All you have to do is start a conversation and Heavenly Father does the rest.Ddo we have an appointment with him?  No. Do we know where he lives?  No. Did we do our part? YES!!! Loved it!!! Got to have a lesson with G,it was fun because it turned into G and President C roll playing home teaching to us -- awesome!! I got to talk about my testimony of the Book of Mormon when G asked me questions, it was nice to have a change of routine!

Friday: Making a vision board for next transfer!! It was SO AWESOME!! I was getting pumped and hopefully my companion is too... but our main goal and the other ones are there to support it... One FAMILY BAPTISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We went street contacting and guess what? We met a couple who had been to Temple Square and they aren't interested, but they love Temple Square! I hope that someday they will accept the gospel!!

Saturday: Got to help paint a lady’s house. not only a random lady but a potential investigator!!! She currently lives in a different ward, but will be moving to ours soon!! And guess what, THIS COULD BE OUR FAMILY THAT WE SET A GOAL FOR THE DAY BEFORE!!!!!!   MIRACLE, I TELL YOU!!!!!!!!!! Oh transfer calls came in that night... I'm staying with Sister L here in the same ward.

Sunday: I LOVE GOING TO CHURCH, BEST THING of MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!! Miracle number #1 of the day happened right before church. I walked in to the chapel and Bro. Rl was there EARLY and helping set up chairs, WHAT? Mind BLOWN that he was there EARLY and eager to be there. It has been a HUGE miracle watching him progress!!! He stayed for all three hours too, WHAT?! CRAZY!!!! Then we had a lesson with S and J after church at the stake president’s, and what do they tell us right before we say an opening prayer?! J:" So, we are getting married on April 6th" AAAAAAAAHHHHH, did I just hear that correctly?! YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED IN THREE WEEKS?!!!  Yes, I heard that correctly, MIRACLE #2 for the day!! S could get baptized this transfer, then, because she will be living the law of chastity in three weeks!!!! STOKED!!!

Got to have a lesson with D.   D is awesome and has a testimony of the Book of Mormon, we just need to use that and help her understand that she needs to get baptized!! We are going to talk about the temple next week with her.

I noticed something in myself this week... my determination to do missionary work like SKYROCKETED!!! I can't tell you why, because I have no idea, Well I do. Heavenly Father. Heavenly Father blessed me with an increased motivation to WORK HARD!!! I can't wait to see what this week brings and man even if I have to drag my companion around, whatever, because this is going to be legit and MIRACLES are just waiting to happen, like they are so close!  I am SO GRATEFUL Heavenly Father let me stay another transfer so I can SEE these MIRACLES!!!! The Celestial Kingdom is going to be a PARTY so INVITE YOUR FRIENDS!!! If you don't invite them here on earth, well I will just go out and find them. Even if that means tracting and street contacting EVERY SINGLE DAY to find the family that is just WAITING to hear the gospel and get BAPTIZED this transfer!!! Yeah, we set a goal to have a FAMILY BAPTISM this transfer!! Let's hope it happens, faith brings miracles!!!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being a missionary. It really is the hardest thing I have ever done, but to be a part of miracles is the BEST THING EVER!!!

This is not my work, but the Lord's. I just get to be an instrument in His hands!

Love you all,
Sister Kelly Smith

No comments: