Sunday, December 29, 2013

Heartbreak in Wyoming, and the start of an adventure in Colorado...

Written:   12/17/13

OH MY GOODNESS, hardest week of MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I GOT TRASNFERRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I AM SO SAD!!!!!!!!! I spent more time in that little town, in Wyoming, in the best ward ever -- longer than I did in my home ward. Yup, it's true and I'm so sad that I had to leave!!

I am now in a town in Colorado, in the southern half of the mission. There is no snow here, it looks like it could be fall or something!  I live on a farm... with members... and 3 horses... I miss my ghetto apartment in Wyoming that didn't have any outlets in the bathroom or the heater wouldn't work sometimes, but this will be good, or so I have to tell myself!  Most return missionaries do not tell you how hard getting transferred is!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH I think I went one day without crying this week.
                                                                       This is the view out of my window every morning

President called me on Friday night (the night before we find out about transfers). He asked me if I would be a Sister Training Leader (basically a zone leader over sister missionaries). I said yes. Then he asked if I could do it in another place other than the town I was in. Commence Sister Smith in tears but still said ok. I have to be strong for the other sisters, but am glad that I have this opportunity to serve! I get to go on exchanges with them (which means exchanges with Hermana S - one of my old companions)!!! I get to deal with any issues that come up with the sisters, and go to Mission Leadership Council, STOKED!!!!! Ok, I'm kind of nervous, but I'm excited! It will be different in this zone, but this is where Heavenly Father wants me to be.

Saturday I found out that my companion and I BOTH would be transferred. ARE YOU KIDDING???!!! I was swept into this ward, and now I am swept out!! That means even more craziness because our records need to be really good and the new missionaries are going in completely blind to all the people we are teaching, so hopefully they get the hang of it! I just can't tell you how sad I am! Usually I don't cry that much but I was so sad, kind of crazy and I felt like a wimp, but at the same time I didn't care!!!

On Sunday we taught 10 lessons (oh, we taught the most lessons I have ever taught in a week: 26, and we had a goal of 30). But 10 in one day was pretty good! We said goodbye to so many people! Church was so hard because I got to sit next to amazing people and man, it is HARD!!! I am so grateful for the chance I had to serve in one of the best places in the mission (but I guess every area can be the best depending on your outlook). I felt so loved by so many members -- a lot of them were sad to see us leave. Said goodbye to some amazing young women, recent converts P and D!

Monday = a day FULL OF PACKING and saying goodbye to more people!! Oh my gosh SO HARD!!! I said goodbye to 3 of the people Heavenly Father let me teach through the Spirit! AAAHHHH I cried so hard, and I'm about to cry right now just thinking about it. Said goodbye to the awesome H family! Liz, good luck on your mission you will be great!!! Thanks for making me feel so loved!! Got to see one of our converts really quickly! Haha he wore a BYU sweatshirt just for me, ok for reals it is Yale, but since the first time I met him I will always bug him about the Y! Then the hardest part of ALL!!!! Going to the L's where C and C were there too! Ok, just put an amazing family and two amazing recent converts that Heavenly Father truly blessed me with, was SO HARD!!!! I cried! DANG I am a hot mess this week!! Dinner was complete with BACON of course, and laughs and tears! I love teaching the Plan of Salvation and obviously I used visuals... because that is how I like to teach! Oh did I fail to mention we had one last Nerf War, well we did! I love you all so much!!! Priesthood blessings are real, love them, embrace them, ask for them! They are a good comfort, and just plain amazing!!

AAAHHHHH this is so hard!!! I just want to cry thinking about it! Well, all I can say is living on a farm will be an adventure. Living with members will be an adventure, living in Colorado will be an adventure. Being a Sister Training Leader & senior companion with a sister who has already been in this area for 3 months will be an adventure. Loving this ward will be an adventure, but through Christ all things are possible! Proverbs 3:5-6. Heavenly Father knows what He is doing with our lives, even if I don't understand them. I have never wanted to go home more than this past week, but that ain't happening! I will love this new area, through Christ!
<--- This is my new room, set up with my Wyoming Christmas tree (I cut the top off of our tree that we had in Wyoming and brought it with me).

Love,
Sister Kelly Smith

Happy Note: I saw Sister K today!!!! Sister K (a friend from college) HAS ARRIVED IN THE FORT COLLINS MISSION!!! She isn't in my zone, though, that's ok! I am so glad that I got to see her.

No comments: