Monday, June 23, 2014

Quick trips in COLORADO!!

We killed it this week! We taught 31 lessons! But throw this in... pretty much a full day in another area for zone conference and got to go back to my last area for D's baptism! So we worked hard and were able to enjoy the benefits of training's and seeing success!

We love riding our bikes!
Monday: P-DAY!! Had a lesson with a less-active in like 20 minutes, and scarfed down our food. It was crazy! But you know what, it was an awesome lesson! Challenged them to use the Atonement and realize it at least 5 times a day, on different things. It is hard, let me tell you! I failed this challenge. I definitely use it though.  I couldn't make it through without the Atonement in my life.  Stopped by C’s (an investigator). Yeah she isn't really going anywhere anytime soon... well hopefully! She doesn't really understand the priesthood, and that ordinances are needed to have eternal life, so we have some work to do!!

Tuesday: ZONE CONFERENCE!!!! It was surprising what the topic was for the morning training... marriage. FOR REALS? We are missionaries here... but you know what? It was actually really good. I am still hoping to find a family to teach by the end of my mission, hopefully it will happen; if not, that's ok! So yeah, marriage; it was  SO GOOD!!! Pres. and Sister Brown are incredible! I love them so much! I was able to see friends and talk to them for a bit which was AWESOME!!! I love zone conferences!  We taught R (a 17 yr. old investigator). We taught the law of chastity! SWEETNESS She totally loves it and understands the blessings that come from living it! Just need to pray and help her father's heart to be softened. I'm so blessed to be able to teach such awesome YW and YM!!!

Wednesday: MIRACLE!!!!! We went to contact J, (I - oh I just means investigator). not home, went to go contact a PI (potential investigator) across the street like in a little court... not home. So we decide to just knock on a door next to it, not home. All of this needed to happen because as we were getting on our bikes to leave this little area... J GOT HOME!! We saw him from across the street, called out to him, and we were able to make a return appointment! Got to do service for a member, taking off wallpaper! SO MUCH FUN!!! We had another lesson with R and just read a chapter in the Book of Mormon with her! It was awesome! I asked her if she knew the Book of Mormon was true. Said she has been praying about it and hasn't received an answer yet. We were able to talk about the Spirit and how we can receive answers, it was AWESOME!!

Got to do some service this week, removing wallpaper.  Fun!
Thursday: Got to talk to the Elder’s Quorum President about a PMF in the area. It was super helpful and needed! It was like getting a pep talk from Bishop Livingston - it was GREAT!! Oh Bishop, he reminds me a lot of you... and he served in Chile so that helps! It was exactly what I needed! Work hard, be obedient, have faith, and we are able to receive revelation for those we are working with. So cool that I get to be an instrument in the Lord's hands at this short time in my life. For reals I will be home so soon and it freaks me out!!! Lesson with the K's (PMF) it went well, and we are going to go to their FHE today! Forming a relationship with him is key at the point, since he has met with missionaries before...Oh we met with P (12 yr old investigator). NEW INVESTIGATOR!!! He is E's son - the one who got baptized like a week ago! It was a tough lesson cuz I can't really tell what a 12 year old boy is thinking/reacting to the lesson. I know that he wanted to check his phone the entire time... but it was good.. He said he would be willing to get baptized in like a year or so... we will work on that! haha He is 12, so I have to remember that!

Friday: Went to the park for our appointment with J. Yeah he didn't show up :( we had a member with us who has his mission call. So as we pass a boy in the park walking his dog, the member (who was probably really nervous because my comp just told him to talk to this kid) literally goes up to him and says that we are missionaries and would he like to learn more. WAY TO GO! Just straight to the point, super funny! Well we taught this kid, a 15 yr. old.  I hope that we are able to teach his family soon, LEGIT!!!

While out at the horse ranch we found some cool stuff in an old barn!
Saturday: Went to visit a less-active’s horse. So that's like the only way we can teach her, and we spent HOURS with her.  It was TOTALLY WORTH IT FOR THOSE 15 MINUTES WE TALKED TO HER ABOUT THE GOSPEL!!! Well  that day was eventful and a COMPLETE blessing from my Heavenly Father who loves me!! I was able to go to my last area for D's baptism!!! MIRACLE!! I wasn't planning on it the day before but things feel into place, and well I have wonderful people in my life who are willing to drop everything and come and pick me up and take me back! It was truly a blessing to be there for D! It was fun to see people from my first town too :) D got BAPTIZED!!! A woman I got to work with for MONTHS made a covenant with our Heavenly Father. HOW AMAZING IS THAT?! TRULY. AMAZING!!! I am so grateful for the priesthood in my life!

Sunday: R came to church! She's great! It was good to have a nice Sunday and go to church! I love church! We got to teach a youth Sunday school class, yeah it was a youth filled week and I LOVE IT!!!!

Have a great week! And remember Doctrine and Covenants 27:1...  “Listen to the voice of Jesus Christ, your Lord, your God, and your Redeemer, whose word is quick and powerful. “

Write down your experiences with the Holy Ghost! Revelation can be quick and powerful!!! Heavenly Father loves us, and wants us to be happy! Follow the promptings you receive! I love you all! Thanks for the continued support!

Love,
Sister Kelly Smith

Hey, if you ever want to help a missionary out... invite your friends to ACT when it comes to living a principle of the gospel! Actually... don't just do it to help us missionaries out - do it because you love the gospel and want them to feel the same joy you do! In the process you can feel of Heavenly Father's love for them which is a huge blessing!!!!!

I was able to talk to some Sisters this week, and realized many of my friends are having a hard time right now and it breaks my heart. I reaffirmed my testimony of fasting, as I had fasted  and prayed to love a certain companion. I didn't realize how much I loved her until this week, when I wanted to be with her again so she wouldn't be struggling as much. Fasting works people!!! The Savior is truly there for each of you!

No comments: