Sunday, April 13, 2014

COLORADO to MONTANA?! My life is a JOKE!!!!!!!!!

So I will just jump right in to the week, since, well, my world is flipping upside down!! Pretty much just read Wednesday to get right to the point, but Tuesday was a MIRACLE DAY!!!


We have the emblem upside down (Wonder Woman instead of Mighty Missionary)
Monday: Got to play some sweet volleyball!!! It felt so good to play volleyball again after a few months! And dressing up for it is always a plus :) Then I started an exchange with Hna. J which was super awesome!! We had dinner with K's family and I asked her about her friend that she gave a Book of Mormon to... he had already read the Introduction and was excited to read more, SWEETNESS!!!!!!

Tuesday: Exchange continued and just so everyone knows, miracles happen on Sister Training Leader exchanges, like I can't even describe this day, MIRACLES!!! And we were completely guided by the Spirit which was INCREDIBLE!!! My exchange sister came to my area, which was great. :) We had four lessons planned that day... only one of the planned lessons actually happened, but two other lessons came about because people canceled. Guess what?! We got a NEW INVESTIGATOR!!! She is GOLDEN!! Pure GOLD! She knows two families in Longmont who are LDS, guess what?! BOTH of those families are in my ward, like for reals and one of them, who used to be her principal years ago, just got called to be in the Bishopric two weeks ago!! MIRACLE!!! So we are super excited to continue working with her. She already has three copies of the Book of Mormon and asked us about church because she needs direction and support in her life and for her kids. LOVE HER SO MUCH!!!! She sent us a text afterward just thanking us for stopping by, so incredible! Then we tried to contact another referral that night, he wasn't' home but lived like a few houses away from D, one of our other investigators. So we were headed to the car but we could see that D's light was on, so we thought about it but I was a little hesitant because we told her we would stop by Wednesday night. But then we both were like "No, we need to go tonight!" So we did, and she told us "I love having you here and my schedule got crazy so I wouldn't have been able to meet tomorrow night." Wow, so good to follow the Spirit! Was it a direct prompting? No, but it was a good thought, so why not?! I invited her to be baptized... then she told us that she had already had a date before, and was going to but hasn't actually done it yet. She has been praying about it still and just hasn't gotten the green light yet. Ok, we can work with that! I love D, so great!

Wednesday: Well I was asked to give the training again... I give a lot of trainings for district meetings and zone meetings, oh well! This was interesting because it was also interviews with President Brown during it. So he pulls us out one by one during the district meeting. So I basically just had everyone role-play the whole time, easier for me and great practice! So this is where my world flipped upside down. I love President Brown and wow we have both come a long way since the beginning of our missions and especially since that first interview I had with him back in July. Well we started with a  prayer and he asked how I was doing, I told him and asked for help on different situations... well then he said something that made my heart drop. "Sister Smith, will you take on a special assignment?"
"Yeah, of course President Brown!"
"A member of the Seventy asked me to pray about a Sister in our mission that could head start the JustServe program in the Montana Billings Mission and help the office staff get that program running."
"Ok... (tears starting to fall down my face, and thinking ok I have heard people switch missions before but it's super rare)."
"I have prayed many times and you keep coming to mind. I know that you have a strong testimony of the JustServe program because of the testimony you shared at the last MLC and your emails about the lady you worked with up in Laramie."
"President, are you asking me to switch missions?"
"I am not asking, the Lord is asking you to. But there is a bonus, I'm sure you and your companion will be traveling around the mission. Part of their mission covers Wyoming and I know how much you love Wyoming!"
"Ok, that's true. Can you give me any idea on what I will be doing, or am I the only Sister from our mission going to the Billings Mission? When do I leave?"
"You are the only one from our mission going. But I know the Lord wants you in that mission for the next few months, for the rest of your mission. I also know that it will be hard but so rewarding. Think about how many more lives you will be able to touch. You will be leaving at the end of the transfer."
(In complete full on tears just thinking of all the amazing people I will be leaving and all the missionaries in the CFCM I have come to love) "If this is what you feel is right I will go to Montana."
"Please pray about it as well, but yes, I believe you are the one that needs to go help them with the JustServe program there."

Yeah... so that was my interview with President Brown. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????????!!!!!!!! What just happened?!! Ok, so finishing the training was difficult but luckily district meeting was almost up, commence Sister Smith BAWLING HER EYES OUT!!!!!!  Family, I get to call you at the airport in three weeks! I will email you more about that later. I never thought I would be on an airplane until November when I come home, but nope, the Lord has a different route for me right now...

Thursday: Tried to continue on with missionary work thinking of everything I have to do in the next three weeks... we had a planned lesson with a new referral from Hna. S and F, and it was a MIRACLE to get a member to come with us, she took her lunch break from work, but unfortunately D spaced and totally forgot we were coming, he was in the shower when we showed up... sad day! We will try to meet with him again soon!

Friday: Got to have one last Mission Leadership Council (MLC) in the Fort Collins Mission. The night before I got my shirt. MOST LEGIT SHIRT EVER!!! "Keep Calm and Let Kelly Handle It!" President Brown's first name is Kelly as well... so I got a picture with him wearing it, BOOM SHAKA LAKA!! BEST THING EVER!!! I am going to miss President Brown SO MUCH!! I have grown to love him and Sister Brown! Our lesson that night canceled so we knocked on an investigator's door at 8pm (that we have only met with once, weeks ago) guess what?! SHE ANSWERED!! Ok, 8pm is like the hardest time to keep working, but we had a lesson with her, MIRACLE!!! We have a return appointment. Last time we touched on the fact that we lived before we came to earth and her fiancé was NOT part of the lesson, this time she told us that he was listening and really liked that part! Well I believe he will be joining us for this next lesson, SWEETNESS!!!!!!!!

Saturday: GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!! Everyone just needs to listen to General Conference! We were able to have two unplanned lessons in-between the sessions which was INCREDIBLE!!!! Then right after we took B (a young woman) with us to see a referral, that week we had contacted her and said we could come back on Saturday after 4, so we went at 4:15 and had a lesson with her!!! MIRACLE, another new investigator!! Two new investigators in the same week, MIRACLE!!!!!! Oh, and to have a member on the first lesson is like UNHEARD OF!!! It is RARE!! Although I have been blessed with that a couple times on my mission :) A is so great and just asked us so many questions--I am excited to have a lesson with her this week. Right after that, we had another lesson with a less-active we have tried to contact many times, talked to her a couple times and just wouldn't let us in because of her husband. She called us the day before and wanted to meet the next day, DONE! So it was good, and she just needs to feel peace from the Atonement right now. Her son isnt' a member so hopefully this is a door that is opening, LOVE IT!!

Coolest tripanionship, right?! haha go President Uchtdorf
Sunday: Elder Ballard's talk, hilarious especially from a missionaries point of view! Follow-up with your friends!! Oh and please send me your insights while studying Preach My Gospel! I studied a little bit form Chapter 4 this week, and love talking about the Holy Ghost because He is the true teacher! Because of Elder Ballard's talk I started Preach My Gospel from the beginning today :) I will share my insights in each email... hopefully I will remember!

Well my friends, this week was really hard, but so great!! I have already started packing in my free time... it is harder than I ever imagined! I don't know what this new adventure in Montana will hold, but for now and for the next 7.5 months I will enjoy the..... Colorado Fort Collins Mission. Yup that's right, APRIL FOOLS!!!!! haha This is the only joke I could play.  Yeah, so I am staying in the Fort Collins Mission, but I love pranks so I wanted to do something!!!

Love you all,
Sister Kelly Smith


No comments: