Sunday, September 15, 2013

MIRACLES! MIRACLES! MIRACLE Wyoming!

I have no other title than MIRACLES! Miracles are amazing!! I love being able to be a part of a miracle, and this week held MANY!!! I don't know how to describe the joy I have felt this week! Yes, pure joy!

On Tuesday, we got a voice mail, to our phone, "Hi Sister Smith, my name is B., and I am interested in joining the Mormon church. Please call me back." WHAT?! WHO GETS A CALL LIKE THAT?! MIRACLE!!!! I made a video with that voice message so I can remember that for a long time! Hermana called back, set up a time to meet with him.  Ok, how did this guy get my name? I did not street contact him, or tract into him, something is up, but still SO COOL! We asked him where he got the Book of Mormon and pamphlet. He told us he was in Colorado that weekend and went to a baptism down there. He flipped the Book of Mormon over and there was a sticky note on the back, "(Town) Missionaries, (Our number), Sister Smith & Sister" I knew EXACTLY who wrote that, SISTER S, my last companion!!!!!!!! No joke, I knew her handwriting, I mean I had seen it for the past 3 months! Sister S must have met him at the baptism in Colorado! He called us 3 days after receiving it. He read the Restoration pamphlet and said it made sense, he was already into 1 Nephi chapter 3 when we met him! We taught him the Plan of Salvation and wow it was so amazing!

Sunday.  "This is the BEST DAY EVER!" yes it truly was the best day of my mission so far.  We started out the day at 9:30 ward counsel: so amazing! We had a progress record filled out front and back and had to put more lines on the back for people that we had visited. It is really nice to show your progress, the people you are working with, and explain what you think they need, and how the ward can help! Then we went to 11:00 Sacrament Meeting. One of our new investigators showed up, and that was awesome!  Plus the back pew was filled with our investigators!

In Relief Society Sister L walked in a bit late and sat right behind us, and whispered to us, "Some of your investigators are really leaning towards Sept. 21st to be baptized." WHAT?! You can't tell me that in a meeting!!!!  The most joy I have ever felt on my mission was in that moment!  I am so excited to go to their baptism.  This picture of us (above) was taken less than an hour after getting home from church--we were SO excited!!

So that's the best day ever! To have four investigators at church, and then to find out that two people want to get baptized on the date that you set them (an inspired date) makes it AMAZING!!!!

We were able to teach a few lessons on Sunday and man, we are on FIRE!!! We taught 23 lessons in a week; most missionaries in this mission don't do that I think... I mean 20 is the goal to get to, but to pass it 2 weeks in a row! We are shooting for 25 this week!  The progress we have seen with the people in this small town is INCREDIBLE!! I figure I will be leaving in 3 weeks, SO SAD! I will be so incredibly happy to stay here for another 6 weeks, but we will see what the Lord has in store!

Icing on the Cake: SHOUT OUT TO MY AWESOME FRIEND FROM BYU WHO GOT CALLED TO THE COLORADO FORT COLLINS MISSION!!! So excited to see you in December!!

Moral of the week: miracles abound, recognize them, look for them.  It is great to be training, I LOVE IT! It is hard, but with the help of the Lord everything is possible! I hope you could feel the joy and excitement I have for missionary work, and for the opportunity to be a part of miracles!

Love,
Sister Kelly Smith
 P-Day snack:  cinnamon roll waffle...mmm good!






Flat tire in Wyoming after service project in the mountains... no cell phone reception. Missionaries got it covered! I learned/watched how to fix a flat tire :) President D came to our rescue (car full of sisters, and his wife) when he realized we weren't following anymore.






No comments: