Sunday, November 16, 2014

Last Colorado Exchange

This week was pretty awesome!! It was hard, don't get me wrong, but there were definitely some great parts! It is really hard to wrap my head around the fact that I only have 15 days left. It's pretty hard not to count down when it is so close. I am excited to come home, but so sad. I looked forward to serving a mission for YEARS, and now it is ending. I know that I will be able to apply what I have learned to the rest of my life, but it's still so sad for me. But this chapter of my life hasn't ended yet! I still have 2 weeks!!! 
Monday: We were able to meet with D briefly with our Elders Quorum President. He told D that we would leave right then (we had only been there for maybe 15 minutes) and that he should use the time we would have spent teaching, that he could spend reading! It was a perfect idea! So we left with a prayer and it was awesome! We stopped by a less active’s house, and she let us in and we were just able to get to know her a bit more. She goes to another church, but hopefully she will want to come back. We were able to talk about priesthood blessings and she realized that she might not have ever received one (except for when she was confirmed a member of the church). That was so sad! I don't know how I would survive without priesthood blessings. I hope that she will accept one soon. 
Tuesday: We did service for M, and then she took us out for lunch. At the end of lunch I asked her if we could come over to talk to her about what we believe/why we did service for her. She said yes!!!! I was stoked!!!!! We had a powerful lesson with a less active couple. They don't come to church and were offended a long time ago. I have made a promise with myself that even if someone offends me, I will still go to church, no matter what! We decided to read 3 Nephi 11:1-17 with them, and it was awesome!!! Bro. T told us that he knows it is true. WHAT?! That's fantastic, now do something about it! A LOT of less actives still know the Book of Mormon is true, which is good, but we need to act upon the things that we know are true. We met with another less active couple and last time we met, we invited them to pray to know if the Book of Mormon is true, well Sister E totally prayed, WWOOOHHOOO!!!! Yay for prayer and the power of prayer!!! BEST THING EVER!!! 
Wednesday: EXCHANGE, EXCHANGE, EXCHANGE!!!!!! I love exchanges! This was my very last exchange as a missionary :( But you know what, it was FANTASTIC!!! I got to be with Sister W, and she is just SO COOL!!! This is her first transfer being a Sister Training Leader and she is awesome!! I absolutely love her! We ended up laughing pretty much the ENTIRE time we were together. Adventures definitely happened... like finding a vacuum on the side of the road, and getting Mountain Dew from someone (although we didn't drink them; we were already hyper together and no idea what would have happened then). We got to teach C, a recent convert, and I just love her! Tried to contact a few people, no luck. It was just a GREAT day!!
Thursday: Preface - I was supposed to have my exit interview with Pres. Brown on Friday. Thursday morning rolls around and Sister W and I are still together. At 8:09am one of the assistants called (I don't think anything of it now because we are constantly talking to each other regarding the ward and people we visit). Well... it wasn't this time! 
AP: Has Pres. called you?
Me: No, why?
AP: Oh, you’re supposed to be at the stake center RIGHT NOW for your interview. 
Ok, well commence me freaking out a little. We booked it to the stake center and I had an incredible last interview with President Brown. I have truly grown to love that man and will miss him terribly. He has made a huge impact on my life and I will forever be grateful to him. It was weird to have my last interview. A lot of lasts happened. Later that day we had district meeting. This was my LAST district meeting as a missionary so I got to give the training! President Brown came in for part of it and saw my notebook... I had written "District Meeting My Last One." President Brown totally wrote in my notebook underneath that comment and it was awesome! It was hard to give the last training, but it's ok. I know that this is where I am supposed to be with life. We exchanged back after district meeting and we got to teach D that night. It went SO WELL! We know more where D is with the gospel and it will be great! I am stoked to see how far he progresses in the next couple of weeks! 
Friday: We were going to see M, but she left us a note on the door saying she couldn't meet :( I was bummed!
Saturday: GOT A NEW INVESTIGATOR!!! She is SO CUTE!!! I love her! We gave her a Book of Mormon and answered a question of hers, it was perfect! She is so great! I am excited to continue teaching her.
Sunday: YEAH FOR CHURCH! Sister C came to church and it was AWESOME!!! We also got to be in Young Women (YW), and I just LOVE YW!!! Later that night we had mission prep, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE teaching mission prep and being there for the youth! We played a fantastic game and related it to asking inspired questions and actively listening, it went SO WELL! I love Sundays and I definitely felt the Spirit in church and it was exactly what I needed! I love feeling the Spirit! We also got to visit a sweet elderly lady. She doesn’t talk and has to just lay in her bed day in and day out at the nursing home. It is so sad. Well we read to her from the Bookof Mormon almost every week and I love it! This time when we prayed at the end with her, she was able to move her hands and then cross them while we prayed, AAAAHHHHHHH. This is HUGE!!!!! Then as we were leaving, she WAVED at us, it was the sweetest thing! I know that she will get baptized, not now, but she will hopefully accept it in the Spirit World! I love her so much and she hasn't said a word to us! 
Have a fantastic week! 

Love you all,
Sister Kelly Smith

No comments: