Sunday, August 17, 2014

Hose Miracle and a Baptism!


This week was very interesting and fun! This is a quick one, sorry!

Monday: Met with R.  I love R and we finally got to meet with her! Guess what? SHE'S GETTING BAPTIZED!!!! I love her so much! I can't even begin to describe how HAPPY I was when she told us that she had finally RECOGNIZED her answer that the Book of Mormon is true and that this is the fullness of the truth restored!!! I teared up, and that doesn't usually happen to me in lessons! The Spirit was there and it was FANTASTIC!! So I invited her to be baptized on the 13th of Sept. the day after her 18th birthday! I really hope her dad's heart is softened and he is supportive of her decision! Prayers work, I know it!!!

Tuesday: Lesson with J went really well! We talked about the Sacrament and asked him to come to church. He said if he didn't have anything come up he would come. So I said, “Well you can just plan to come, and then if something comes up, tell them you can join them later.”  He said “Sure.”  And I was like “SWEET! We will see you at church!” Haha too funny! He said he was tricked in to that one, but you know what, he said sure! Lesson with N did not go as well... we dropped him, but it's ok. He said that he would listen to us when he was studying Christianity. He is on Hindu and it will take him awhile. It was sad to drop him, but it was needed and we felt prompted by the Spirit that it was the right thing to do.

Wednesday: Zone meeting that morning and I got to give a training with Sister C as Sister Training Leaders! It was great! I love talking about Christ-like attributes. I will be working on humility for the next little bit. Now I am even more accountable for it to all of you. Thanks for helping me with this :) The rest of the day was well...frustrating, like WOW! I was just on edge or something, but things just weren't going right. At the end of the day, I got a priesthood blessing which really helped. I know Heavenly Father loves all of us SO MUCH! And He is just waiting and willing to talk with us, give Him the chance to talk to you! Pray, read the scriptures, go to church, and if needed/wanted get a priesthood blessing. I know they help! Met with B and he was having a difficult time with understanding a concept, so that was hard.

Thursday: EXCHANGES!!!!!!!!!! I got to go on my first exchange back as an Sister Training Leader (STL)! It was AWESOME! I learned a lot on the exchange which was great! I went with Sister M (who also speaks Spanish) in the Spanish area but didn't get to use any of my limited Spanish, sad day. She joined the church at 16 and came out at 19, only active member in her immediate family. I am SO BLESSED with the family I have! I love them SO MUCH!!! We came back up to my area for a lesson with B. We went over the same principle from the night before and HE GOT IT!!! WOOHOO!! That was a HUGE MIRACLE!! Realization: people understand things better when they are taught in a member’s home with someone who holds the priesthood! It was a super cool realization! The lesson just went so much smoother and the Spirit was stronger and I didn't get as frustrated! I usually don't get frustrated in lessons but the clarity that was there the second time was just WAY better!!!
Goal: to get to the Celestial Kingdom, by living the gospel of Jesus Christ! Love this game!!! 
Friday: M’s!! I love this family! We met with them and it was great! Sister M just had surgery but said she would come to sacrament meeting in a wheelchair! OK!!! LOVE THEM so MUCH!!!!

Saturday: Went to a baptism of an 8 yr old we have been teaching. I love the Spirit at baptisms SO MUCH!! The Holy Ghost really testified to me of the importance of baptism and how we need it to enter the kingdom of heaven TO LIVE WITH GOD. It was powerful! I love this church with all my heart!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love being a missionary and get to talk to people about this all the TIME!!!!!!!!!!! Afterward we were in the trailer park and we drove by this house with a hose on the deck just spraying water... weird. So I turned around and we went to go talk to them about it. I was walking up the stairs while one of my companions went to turn off the hose and the lady comes out "Hey, what are you doing? -----OOOHHH!" and noticed the water. She called us "Sisters" without even us introducing ourselves! ok... then we asked why she called us Sisters, well because our nametags say it "and I am a sister too." OK, so at this point we think she is a less active member that has just been off the grid. She told us she joined the church at 16. OK cool! But then she said something else and we really have NO idea if she is a member or not! But we got her name and number and she said we could call her and come back, since I asked if we could come visit her because we are still trying to get to know the ward!! MIRACLE for stopping the car and trying to help someone! It's the small miracles that I love!!!!

Sunday: There were a few people that didn't come to church, but J did!!!!! So did N! We taught N also last week and Sister C taught her this week while I was on an exchange. But she came to church for the first time which was AWESOME!!!  But J CAME!!!!!!!!!!!! He came for Sacrament meeting and missed the sacrament but hey it was progress!!!! R came too, WWOOOHOOO!!!!!! I love her so much! I just love the people I teach, even if it is hard when they don't understand a concept, I am grateful Heavenly Father is patient with me and loves me dearly and loves all of his children! I KNOW IT!!!

Humility is a sign of spiritual strength! I realized I haven't been sharing what I am learning in Preach My Gospel. Well, humility in chapter 6 is what I studied one morning this week and WOW! It was incredible!!!!

Alma 27:25-26! I love being a missionary and sharing my conversion with people! Bearing testimony! Prayers and studying the scriptures are effective. Do it! Heavenly Father loves you! The sacrament can provide us with strength! You can get through hard things, I know it! I love you all! Thanks for the support! The Atonement is REAL! Jesus Christ is always there for you!

Love,
Sister Kelly Smith

No comments: