Sunday, February 16, 2014

Who Needs Super Woman when you have Sista Power?!

Sista Power is AWESOME!! Especially if President Brown has told you that "you have the power." Yup that's right, sister power! But I changed it to sista power, cuz I like the sound of that better!

Monday: A P-day...

Tuesday: TRANSFER DAY!!! Meaning I pretty much just hung out in Loveland all day long. It was so fun to see so many of my friends, and one of my past companions, Sister G. I loved it! Crazy snow storm, but all is good, I am safe!

Wednesday: Well, all I can say is that this transfer will be different than last... but the work is picking up which is great! We were able to have a lesson with a less-active, and her non-member granddaughter was there, SWEETNESS!!! Hopefully the granddaughter will be there this week when we go by. We talked about faith, and it was awesome! Lesson with one of our other investigators went well! I am pumped for his baptism this weekend!!!!!!

Thursday: Well... we finally, after pretty much 6 weeks of trying to get a lesson with a referral, we DID IT!!! We got to teach her about how God loves each and every one of us, no matter what. I am excited to go back this week and see what happens! She has had a rough life it seems like and has two Young Women aged daughters that live with her. Had a nerf war with a family here, it was great! They even let me walk in the door.  They were reading, and it gave my companion a surprise, definitely wasn't expecting that. But oh well. it was good for me! haha Then we road tripped it up to Fort Collins. My companions GPS died, but I am SO, SO, SO grateful I have a sense of direction and I was able to get us to the other sisters house with limited directions from them, and remembered a few of the turns, it was awesome!! I love talents and spiritual gifts! I was driving the Sister Training Leader there down to our meeting the next day.

Friday: Mission Leadership Council!!! LOVE IT SO MUCH!!! It was AMAZING!!! I found out that someone I know in Laramie, and even began to give the discussions to, is GETTING BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cried, it was so amazing to hear that! Then during the first part of the meeting I sat hoping and dreaming about how I might have the chance to go to Laramie!! During lunch I asked President if I could go to Laramie, and even take my P-day, to do so... he said no. I CRIED!!!!! I was so sad, it was so hard to hear that!! I figured it would be “no’ since I live over an hour away, but still I wanted to go so badly!! This woman means so much to me, and I am so excited that she and her grandson are getting baptized!!! It will seriously bless their lives so much, and I want to be there on their special day!! I got the Frozen soundtrack (we are allowed to listen to Disney songs...) while getting dinner that night in Fort Collins (dropped off the sister and got my companion back). Ok, Let It Go is my theme song right now! I will so miss being able to see my friends get baptized, and all the amazing people in Laramie, but I just need to let it go.

Saturday: One of our less-actives... well she was full of questions. We found out that she had never prayed to know if the Book of Mormon was true! Well guess what she did when she said the closing prayer?! She prayed to know if the Book of Mormon is true.

Sunday: Another young investigator came to church again! I am racing him in reading the Book of Mormon and two nights this past week he sent us texts asking us questions, it was AWESOME!! Well, we were at the same chapter on Sunday morning... I think he is going to beat me. He told us that reading the Book of Mormon for 30 minutes a day is "prep-fo-life." haha yes, “fo,” not for. I thought it was so funny I just laughed! At our lesson with yet another investigator, we determined her official baptism date is March 22, a week after transfers... well I might want to move that up.  She says she felt peace yesterday and that is what I live to hear!!! THE SPIRIT IS REAL AND TRUE!!!! We had a lesson with two more investigators at President C's home (ok lesson with a member of the stake presidency is kind of intense, but he is really nice)! I love the Cs! We talked about keeping the Sabbath day holy and especially going to Sacrament Meeting.

Well, this week will be awesome! We have a super busy schedule planned, which is the best thing ever as a missionary! I would rather be too busy than not having enough to do :) I don't really want to go tracting, so this is good!! I love you all!! Thanks for everything you do!

So... since my birthday is coming up... the best birthday present you could give to me would be invite one of your friends to church, or invite them to an activity, better yet, invite them to hear the first missionary lesson! Invite them to act!! It will bless your life, and theirs!!

This church is TRUE!! I know that Heavenly Father loves each of us, and that He cares for YOU! Your Savior Jesus Christ is there for you as well! They love you tons, and so do I! Listen to the Holy Ghost, he is the real teacher and can comfort you!

Love,
Sister Kelly Smith

No comments: